buying project wood (Philly area)

I'm a newbie hobbyist woodworker and I don't have a bandsaw, jointer, or thickness planer. I want to build some spice racks using 1/4" or 3/8" thick hardwood.
Can anyone recommend a place where I can buy s4s custom milled project wood in the Philly area, or on the web with reasonable shipping?
Thanks,
--- Chip

Lowes or Home depot has s4s oak and poplar. Whitewood is poplar too, and is usually cheaper. Unfortunately you pay pretty much for it. But it is an option.

I have a place in NC that ships ups called Steve wall lumber I have a link on my web site to his web site.It can be found under links
Randy http:nokeswoodworks.com
On Wed, 21 May 2008 15:36:40 +0000 (UTC), Chip Buchholtz wrote:

Many hardwood vendors will custom mill rough stock for you.
What parts of the area surrounding Philadelphia do you consider local enough to drive? There are a few very nice hardwood stores in Amish country, and a couple in nearby New Jersey.
Here are a few I've patronized over the past few years:
East Coast Log: http://www.woodfinder.com/listings/012048.php Groff & Groff: http://www.groffslumber.com / Hearne Hardwoods: http://www.hearnehardwoods.com / Willard Brothers: http://www.willardbrothers.net /
Also have a look at WoodFinder: http://www.woodfinder.com /
--
Art Greenberg
artg at eclipse dot net
Chip Buchholtz wrote:

You can try Advantage Lumber in Buffalo. Their web site says they ship small orders via UPS. I don't know if they have a minimum order requirement (other than for wholesale pricing).
http://www.advantagelumber.com/thinwood.htm
--
Jack Novak
Buffalo, NY - USA