buying advice wanted: set of brad point bits

I want a good set, minimal runout, of brad point bits. I have the cheapo HF set, but the runout is horrible. I probably want 1/8 to 1/2 by 1/16 steps. Any reason to get a set in the 1/32 or 1/64 steps?
Lee Valley?
First set I bought were from China and good set I have now is from Lee Valley.
On Mon, 03 Jan 2005 13:51:03 -0700, nospam snipped-for-privacy@mesanetworks.net wrote:

nospam snipped-for-privacy@mesanetworks.net wrote:

Just got an email from Rockler showing a set of 25 HSS brad points for $20. See http://www.rockler.com/ecom7/product_details.cfm?sid=V5734&offerings_id 627
Usual disclaimers here.     mahalo,     jo4hn
thanks, good post
they also have some regular hss bits and presumably some tapered pilot/shank/countersink kits
any thoughts on which is "best"? LV or Rockler?

jo4hn wrote:

Have you checked your drill press for runout . . .? I have a gut feeling that drill bits are more consistent than your drill arbor and chuck . . .
Rick
On Mon, 03 Jan 2005 13:51:03 -0700, nospam snipped-for-privacy@mesanetworks.net calmly ranted:

Why not? They're good American bits which have been reground by Canuckistani priso^H^H^H^H^Hworkers just for Rob. ;)
- In nature's infinite book of secrecy a little I can read. -Shakespeare ------ http://diversify.com Website Application & Database Development