buying advice wanted: set of brad point bits

I want a good set, minimal runout, of brad point bits. I have the cheapo HF set, but the runout is horrible. I probably want 1/8 to 1/2 by 1/16 steps. Any reason to get a set in the 1/32 or 1/64 steps?

Lee Valley?

Reply to
nospam_coloradotrout

nospambob

Just got an email from Rockler showing a set of 25 HSS brad points for $20. See

disclaimers here. mahalo, jo4hn

Reply to
jo4hn

thanks, good post

they also have some regular hss bits and presumably some tapered pilot/shank/countersink kits

any thoughts >nospam snipped-for-privacy@mesanetworks.net wrote: >

Reply to
nospam_coloradotrout

Have you checked your drill press for runout . . .? I have a gut feeling that drill bits are more consistent than your drill arbor and chuck . . .

Rick

Reply to
Rick Stein

On Mon, 03 Jan 2005 13:51:03 -0700, nospam snipped-for-privacy@mesanetworks.net calmly ranted:

Why not? They're good American bits which have been reground by Canuckistani priso^H^H^H^H^Hworkers just for Rob. ;)

- In nature's infinite book of secrecy a little I can read. -Shakespeare ------

Website Application & Database Development

Reply to
Larry Jaques