Building my own garden Benches

Hi all
I am new to this site, but after looking around it seems to be just what I was looking for. Short introduction: I am actually a computer guy with a carpentry hobby, just finished building a patio (
http://www.conejonetwork.com/pics/patio.jpg ), and would like to venture into building my own 2 wood benches, one with storage. What I saw for the money I am willing to spend ($200-$300 per unit) is ugly or looks bad, and what I liked was over a 1000.00 a piece!!. I would like to build something from a nice dark wood, full size if possible, meaning 4x4 or 4x6, something that would last for while. It will be under a shaded, rain and sun protected area. I have all the tools needed. Your advice is greatly appreciated.
-- Holz real nick name :-)
Holz wrote:

Hmm - I'd suggest doing a Google image search for patio furniture you'd like to have so we can all have a better idea what you're after.
I like ipe and teak in the dark category. Others prefer redwood. Cypress should also hold up fairly well. I'd guess that another set of image searches might provide an idea of what they can look like.
--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar
Morris Dovey wrote:

http://tinyurl.com/5mvoza
I'm a little confused by that web site.
The beautiful arched back bench is on the main page but doesn't appear to be any of the benches they are selling.
Holz wrote:

Holz wrote:

What's your question?
"Holz" wrote:

Take a look on the NYW website at the garden bench ans also the potted plant benches.
They would blend in well with what you have, especially teak; however, $15-$20/bf pricing for teak will certainly grab your attention.
Lew
I have built several english garden benches using this Woodsmith plan.
http://www.woodsmith.com/plans/garden-bench /
They have several plans:
http://www.woodsmith.com/plans/categories/patio-deck /
What do you need to know ???