Brian Boggs Spokeshaves

I have just watched the Brian Boggs video clip, "Using Your Souped-Up Spokeshave" on the Fine Woodworking site.

shows a range of spokeshaves for flat and round work. It would seem that Lie-Nielsen make a flat Spokeshave to his specification.

the round versions available from anywhere?

Thanks, Roy

Reply to
RzB

Veritas shave is incredible in either flat or curve conformation.

The concave types are available - I even own one (Kunz) - but flexing a thin scraper does final rounding at my house. Tried a scratch stock arrangement, but it didn't do as well.

If you want plain, try Woodworker's Supply for the Kunz. If you want fancy, Garrett Wade.

Reply to
George

You could try asking him yourself.

mailto: snipped-for-privacy@brianboggschairs.com

Reply to
Kennor

?lGen=detail&itemID=101064&itemType=PRODUCT&iMainCat=0&iSubCat=0&iProductID=101064And, of course many other places.

Having used them, I prefer to use the low-angle types with my bodger's bench, finishing, as I said, with a flexed scraper.

Reply to
George

Next time try right clicking on the image and doing a "save as". Works great for me.

Scott

Reply to
Scott Brownell

If you look more closely at the lie-nielson link, you'll see that you can order either flat or curved.

Cheers, Eric

Reply to
Eric Lund

Eric, Thanks for the response... Yes I understand that there are flat and curved in the Lie-Nielsen range. I was actually interested in the versions that have rounded blades. George, above - pointed me to

these...

I would imagine that Lie-Nielsen are working on the round versions given that they have already done the straight versions.

Thanks, Roy

Reply to
RzB