Congratulations Brian!

Hey Brian, Congrats for getting your Hot Tip published in the latest Fine Woodworking. Off topically, do you have a chemistry publications? Enquiring scientific minds want to know. (Of course I could look that up on PUB- MED) Take care, Marc

Reply to
marc rosen

URL please ...

Reply to
Swingman

Thank you! I'm honored to be published in their Fine-magazine! :)

am published in Pubmed as well; and while I'm gloating, a couple patents too. :)

CHeers, Brian

Reply to
GarageWoodworks

A few from Pubmed:

The discovery and structure-activity relationships of indole-based inhibitors of glutamate carboxypeptidase II. Grella B, Adams J, Berry JF, Delahanty G, Ferraris DV, Majer P, Ni C, Shukla K, Shuler SA, Slusher BS, Stathis M, Tsukamoto T. Bioorg Med Chem Lett. 2010 Dec

15;20(24):7222-5. Epub 2010 Oct 26.

2.

Optimization of the indenone ring of indenoisoquinoline topoisomerase I inhibitors. Morrell A, Placzek M, Parmley S, Grella B, Antony S, Pommier Y, Cushman M. J Med Chem. 2007 Sep 6;50(18):4388-404. Epub 2007 Aug 4.

  1. Investigation of the affinities of two new beta-carbolines for rat brain imidazoline(2) receptors. Tyacke RJ, Lau A, Grella B, Glennon RA, Nutt DJ, Hudson AL. Ann N Y Acad Sci. 2003 Dec;1009:361-3.

  2. Binding of beta-carbolines at imidazoline I2 receptors: a structure-affinity investigation. Glennon RA, Grella B, Tyacke RJ, Lau A, Westaway J, Hudson AL. Bioorg Med Chem Lett. 2004 Feb 23;14(4):999-1002.

  3. Binding of an imidazopyridoindole at imidazoline I2 receptors. Glennon RA, Grella B, Tyacke RJ, Lau A, Westaway J, Hudson AL. Bioorg Med Chem Lett. 2004 Jan 19;14(2):527-9.

  4. Binding of beta-carbolines at 5-HT(2) serotonin receptors.Grella B, Teitler M, Smith C, Herrick-Davis K, Glennon RA.Bioorg Med Chem Lett.

2003 Dec 15;13(24):4421-5.

7.

Binding of tetrahydrocarboline derivatives at human 5-HT5A receptors.Khorana N, Smith C, Herrick-Davis K, Purohit A, Teitler M, Grella B, Dukat M, Glennon RA.J Med Chem. 2003 Aug 28;46(18):3930-7.

  1. Synthesis and biological evaluation of thiol-based inhibitors of glutamate carboxypeptidase II: discovery of an orally active GCP II inhibitor.Majer P, Jackson PF, Delahanty G, Grella BS, Ko YS, Li W, Liu Q, Maclin KM, Poláková J, Shaffer KA, Stoermer D, Vitharana D, Wang EY, Zakrzewski A, Rojas C, Slusher BS, Wozniak KM, Burak E, Limsakun T, Tsukamoto T.J Med Chem. 2003 May 8;46(10):1989-96.

  2. Binding of beta-carbolines and related agents at serotonin (5-HT(2) and

5-HT(1A)), dopamine (D(2)) and benzodiazepine receptors.Glennon RA, Dukat M, Grella B, Hong S, Costantino L, Teitler M, Smith C, Egan C, Davis K, Mattson MV.Drug Alcohol Depend. 2000 Aug 1;60(2):121-32.

10.

Investigation of hallucinogenic and related beta-carbolines.Grella B, Dukat M, Young R, Teitler M, Herrick-Davis K, Gauthier CB, Glennon RA. Drug Alcohol Depend. 1998 Apr 1;50(2):99-107.

Reply to
GarageWoodworks

's an old idea put together with a little scrap wood.

Reply to
GarageWoodworks

The patents are the easy part. ;-)

Reply to
krw

marc rosen wrote in news:b2cf07ef-191b-4266-93cd- snipped-for-privacy@e35g2000yqc.googlegroups.com:

Congratulations for appearing in print in another fine journal, Brian!!

Reply to
Han

through blockade of annexin A2-dependent fibrinolysis.

Reply to
Robatoy

Well done, Brian! I recall your posts on this in past.

Reply to
Swingman

Robatoy wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@s2g2000vbw.googlegroups.com:

Well, Rob, we all have different aspects to our lives. Actually that was an easy way to get my name on a paper. I was/am sort of an expert at testing platelet function in a kind of lab test called aggregometry. So I could easily help the young lady doing the hard work with a few morings of my expertise. And it helped prove what she wanted to prove. Homocysteine is bad for you. Eat your antioxidants ...

I had a link to show you what kind of test this is, but can't find it right now.

Reply to
Han

Poor Brian. People may now be calling him "Rat Brain Boy"...

P.S: Congrats on getting published.

-- Win first, Fight later.

--martial principle of the Samurai

Reply to
Larry Jaques

That's my old college nickname!

Thank you!

Reply to
GarageWoodworks

I never woulda guessed it from your video intro music and attitude.

-- In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer. -- Albert Camus

Reply to
Larry Jaques