Brake problem with New Dewalt DW983 Drill

I purchase a Dewalt DW983 Drill.
When the trigger was released quickly & the brake kicked in, it made a loud metal to metal sound. Mostly in 2nd & 3rd gear.
I returned the drill and the replacement does the same thing.
Did I get two defective drills or is this a problem with this model drill.
Kind of a bang or clank? It's not a problem. The chuck auto-locking feature starts to engage as the drill is brought to a stop by the brake. Greasing the mechanism would probably make it more gentle.
GTO(John)

loud
Not a problem at all with that model & the DW987 & possibly others (I just remember those two heavy duty models of the top of my head with out looking them up) make that sound, it is not defective, the brake engages so fast I causes the chuck to stop abruptly, The sound is from the chuck mechanism, don't worry about it you can return as many as you like it will still happen, as yet I have not seen problems with those models at all & find them to be good quality compared to some of DeWalts earlier efforts.
--
Jon Down
Normal

loud