Bostitch 18 gauge brad nailer

I am having trouble with the nailer. It wont sink brads unless I boost the pressure to 110psi and take off the plastic tip. I oiled it 2 days ago and have not used it for more than a few tests since then.
Anybody out there had similar problems and solved them?
Len
On 12/14/2011 4:08 PM, snipped-for-privacy@uiuc.edu wrote:

?? Is it an old one?
None of my Bostich nailers, including the 18 ga brad nailer, use oil.
--
www.eWoodShop.com
Last update: 4/15/2010

Amen bruddah. No oil in Bostich. I have it written in sharpee on mine. Maybe it is gummed up from using oil.
By the way I don't think my 18ga Bostich has ever jammed up or misfired ever. I love that yellow bastard.

Which model do you have? I have three 18 ga brad nailers; a Delta that does double duty as a helluva crown staple nailer, as well as brads, and has not misfired once in six years; a HF $14 special which won't die, misfires occasionally, but is easy to clear; and my goto Bostitch BT1855, which has never misfired, but I hear is hell to clear if it ever jams.
--
www.eWoodShop.com
Last update: 4/15/2010

Yeah 1855. I heard the same thing, it requires an allen wrench job to unjam but never has jammed.
On Wed, 14 Dec 2011 14:08:01 -0800 (PST), " snipped-for-privacy@uiuc.edu"

Make sure it's not an oil-less gun.
Rather than rebuild it, swing by HF and pick up a new one for $15 on sale. Or splurge and go for the stapler/nailer at $20 on sale. ;)
-- However beautiful the strategy, you should occasionally look at the results. -- Sir Winston Churchill
snipped-for-privacy@uiuc.edu wrote:

My Bostitch 16 GA and brad nailer (old) have had to have the trigger module replaced. It is simple to replace. But I believe they just quit working altogether when it went.
--
Gerald Ross

A man is not complete until he is

Problem solved (I think). I took the front end apart, cleaned it, oiled it( yes- it is an oiler) reassembled it and tested it. It seems to be OK now???
Thanks all