Bosh drill - chuck removing

Hi all!

I try to remove keyless chuck of my Bosch PSB 600RE drill. Manual says that I have to put Allen key into chuck, hit its longer arm when spindle locked but with no success. I've found that chuck is usualy blocked with screw inside (nothing about it in my manual) to prevent self-unscrew from spindle during reverse operation but all I can see inside is small round hole at the bottom. Please help me, I don't want to destroy something using too much force. Have anyone did it?

Reply to
Arkady

Russ

Looking down into the hole of the chuck you should be loosening by turning the chuck counter clockwise. Sometimes things will loosen easier if you try to tighten just a bit before loosening. As for as the lock screw, what you are looking for that is common on reversible drills. If yours is not reversible there probably is no lock screw.

Reply to
Leon

I haven't done this - But it's been explained to me, since I was going to convert an old drill to a keyless chuck.

The screw you see also keeps the chuck on. It's also supposedly reverse threaded. Remove the screw, then go with the allen key routine. It should only take one good sharp rap on the allen key to break the seal, then the chuck will just unscrew by hand.

Pat

Reply to
SawDust