bookcase with rolling ladder

Anyone know where I can purchase such a unit?
I had seen it at IKEA years ago, but I dont think it is available anymore.
Add pictures here
✖
If you are talking about the lirary ladders, they can be purchased from Rockler for aout $1100....that's right. I have been searching for the hardware to make my own and after extensive googling, I cant find the pieces that make it work.
Add pictures here
✖
John,
I recall a website that had them as a project. I still have a printout of it somewhere (?)... IIRC, it had links to the hardware. I'll do some research for you.
cheers,
Greg

Add pictures here
✖
Looks like Keith beat me to it. The one I was looking for is:
http://www.rockler.com/findit.cfm?page "37&sid¯B96
--
Greg

> "JLucas ILS" < snipped-for-privacy@aol.com> wrote in message
✖
John,
it took some searching, but this link allows you to buy "spare parts":
http://www.lynnladder.com/lynlad/lynlad103.htm
--
Greg

"JLucas ILS" < snipped-for-privacy@aol.com> wrote in message
✖
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (JLucas ILS) writes:

I found three at a garage sale for $15 each. Even if they weren't oak, the hardware alone was worth the $15.
scott
Add pictures here
✖
Putnum Rolling Lader, Alaco Ladder Company or Rocklers.
UA100
Add pictures here
✖
On 4 Jul 2004 02:34:06 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@rcn.com (David A. Kraft) wrote:

http://www.putnamrollingladder.com /
These guys make commercial quality rolling ladders for libraries, etc.. Some of them are BEAUTIFUL!
Phone companies have 75 year old oak rolling ladders these folks made that still look good, even with daily abuse.
Barry
Add pictures here
✖
On 4 Jul 2004 02:34:06 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@rcn.com (David A. Kraft) calmly ranted:

I've never seen complete units advertised before, but ladders are definitely not cheap by themselves. These 2 links are from my bookmarks:
http://alacoladder.com / http://www.putnamrollingladder.com/index.html
--- Chaos, panic, and disorder--my work here is done. http://diversify.com Comprehensive Website Development
Add pictures here
✖
You can find a rolling library ladder at Rockler, probably other sources as well. Useable with just about ANY bookcase(s)
My choice would be to build the bookcases on a custom basis and add the Rockler rolling library ladder
John
On 4 Jul 2004 02:34:06 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@rcn.com (David A. Kraft) wrote:

Add pictures here
✖
On 7/4/04 5:34 AM, David A. Kraft wrote:

Not sure where you are located or if you are looking to purchase an entire unit or just the ladder. There is a company called Neoset which makes modular funiture similar to IKEA stuff (but slightly better IMHO).
They sell a library wall unit which has a rolling ladder. I saw it in a store here in Toronto and it looks very nice. Here's a link:
http://www.neosetgroup.ro/products.php?scid=4&start=1 #
One of the pictures in the bottoom row shows the unit with the ladder.
You have different options regarding the colour and finishes.
Not sure if this is good for you, but just FYI.
Add pictures here
✖