bookcase with rolling ladder

Anyone know where I can purchase such a unit?

I had seen it at IKEA years ago, but I dont think it is available anymore.

Reply to
David A. Kraft

If you are talking about the lirary ladders, they can be purchased from Rockler for aout $1100....that's right. I have been searching for the hardware to make my own and after extensive googling, I cant find the pieces that make it work.

Reply to
JLucas ILS

John,

I recall a website that had them as a project. I still have a printout of it somewhere (?)... IIRC, it had links to the hardware. I'll do some research for you.

cheers,

Greg

Reply to
Greg Millen

Putnum Rolling Lader, Alaco Ladder Company or Rocklers.

UA100

Reply to
Unisaw A100

Looks like Keith beat me to it. The one I was looking for is:

Greg Millen

guys make commercial quality rolling ladders for libraries, etc.. Some of them are BEAUTIFUL!

Phone companies have 75 year old oak rolling ladders these folks made that still look good, even with daily abuse.

Barry

Reply to
B a r r y

John,

it took some searching, but this link allows you to buy "spare parts":

Greg Millen

On 4 Jul 2004 02:34:06 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@rcn.com (David A. Kraft) calmly ranted:

I've never seen complete units advertised before, but ladders are definitely not cheap by themselves. These 2 links are from my bookmarks:

--- Chaos, panic, and disorder--my work here is done.
Comprehensive Website Development

Reply to
Larry Jaques

You can find a rolling library ladder at Rockler, probably other sources as well. Useable with just about ANY bookcase(s)

My choice would be to build the bookcases on a custom basis and add the Rockler rolling library ladder

John

Reply to
John

Not sure where you are located or if you are looking to purchase an entire unit or just the ladder. There is a company called Neoset which makes modular funiture similar to IKEA stuff (but slightly better IMHO).

They sell a library wall unit which has a rolling ladder. I saw it in a store here in Toronto and it looks very nice. Here's a link:

of the pictures in the bottoom row shows the unit with the ladder.

You have different options regarding the colour and finishes.

Not sure if this is good for you, but just FYI.

Reply to
GQ

I found three at a garage sale for $15 each. Even if they weren't oak, the hardware alone was worth the $15.

scott

Reply to
Scott Lurndal