Book Recommendations

We have a friend whose husband's employer left the city but he still has a job working from his home. He would like to start a part time woodworking business from his garage since he has nearly every afternoon free. (He starts working early in the morning). He intends to start out by making garden furniture and structures. She asked me for some book recommendations and I have a few which I recommend but wonder if others have better ideas.
My primary recommendation is Rick Peters Woodworkers Guide to Wood.
He also should get a book on workshop layout and recommended tools, but I don't know what to recommend since woodworking magazines run articles about these subjects at least annually.
I would also recommend a magazine subscription to FWW since it is a classic. I also think the articles in Wood, Workbench and Woodsmith would be good idea generators for him.
What are some of your recommendations?
Dustmaker
Magazine subscriptions can frequently be obtained at significantly reduced prices from http://www.bonusmags.com/w.html
Dick

Tue, Dec 14, 2004, 7:41pm (EST-1) snipped-for-privacy@interaccess.com (Dustmaker) asks: <snip> What are some of your recommendations? Subsription to Popular Mechanics. Woodworking projects every single month, and some very nice ones at that. And, the rest of the magazine is interesting too.
Or, if he wants to look at some really nice looking woodworking, WoodenBoat.
JOAT We cannot direct the wind, but we can adjust the sails. - unknown
Search for plans for Jakes Chair, reported as good seller. Tage Frid Teaches Woodworking books 1&2 if he's a newbie.
On Tue, 14 Dec 2004 19:41:56 -0600, "Dustmaker"

The Feb 2005 issue of Fine Woodworking (aka FWW) has a list of must-have books on woodworking. The issue is already mailed to subscribers. I have no idea how long before it shows up in stores. There are about 20 or 30 recommendations - I'm too lazy to list them here....
Never Enough Money wrote:

Got mine today...nice list. I'm pretty sure it would be viewable at www.taunton.com?
Great suggestion. But I couldn't find the list there....I did find a discussion group on reader's favorite books, though.
There's also a list with reviews at Woodcentral.com: http://www.woodcentral.com/books/books.shtml