BOOK on COMPOSTING - Recommendations ?

Hi fellow g'ers

I am seeking recommendations for a good BOOK on COMPOSTING.

I prefer something with a bit of depth... that I can grow with over the next couple of years of garden.

Thanks.

Reply to
al

Well, go to this website I direct you to go to. There is no better, state of the art technology on compost anywhere in the world.

from there and work back to where you are!

Reply to
animaux

My most comprehensive book is Rodale Books' "The Complete Book of Composting" copyrighted 1960. The book is 1007 pages! I didn't think it was possible to write that much about composting. All other books I've seen on composting are small, such as Brooklyn Botanic Garden publishes one titled, "Easy Compost." It's ok. I have one titled, "Backyard Composting" and one from Smith & Hawken titled, "Composting." My most recent composting book is titled, "The Composting Cookbook" by Karen Overgaard and Tony Novembre. Just don't believe everything you read about composting. Some of it just isn't true.

You asked about books, but there are a number of good web sites. My favorite is Cornell University's because it covers the science (physics, chemistry, biology) of composting.

Reply to
Compostman

The Book of Life is good, as is the advice you'll find on this ng and from other gardeners. The process is not a well kept secret.

Nick.

Reply to
Nick

Don't forget the good old Henry Doubleday Research Association ?

Richard.

Reply to
Richard Brooks