Blame it on Leon....

Page 2 of 2
On Tuesday, March 22, 2016 at 12:07:01 PM UTC-5, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

to UV damage and rot. I like the fine grain of the wood you selected for y our top; it must have been a very old log.

Yes, the wood is old. Some of it had been hand hewn beams, then resawn fo r the floor joist use. That trestle board/cross piece has the hewn marks o n one side. On the other side, the resawn side, I tried to mimick the hewi ng marks with a hatchet.
I've taken good care of my sawbuck... and most of my other tools, also. I find it's a good saw and accurate for most small cuttings. For this sort o f large/thich cutting, I just take my time with the cut. Since I've owned the saw, I've had to tweak/adjusted the alignment only once and changed the brushes once. I bought it new 2-17-92.
Thanks again. Sometimes I get lucky with my workmanship, too.
Sonny
On Tue, 22 Mar 2016 09:27:19 -0700 (PDT)

there is always varathane here it must be forgiving because i use that for large surfaces and it comes out well

have never liked lag bolts and am pretty sure i never used them on purpose
but if i did use them i would also use glue on each bolt
the nuts and bolts are the way to go