Black Walnut Finish suggestions

How would Waterlox Original work on black walnut? Seems it would be a compromise of the durability and water resitive properites of shellac and the richness of tung oil...

Reply to
Never Enough Money

Waterlox is an excellent choice for Walnut (and most other species as well). I'm a recent convert to Waterlox and I have to admit it is the best oil type product I have used yet (I used to mix my own). As far as water resistance, it holds up just fine. Now I wouldn't go so far as to use it for outdoor pieces but for most indoor stuff it is the cat's meow. SH - Or the dog's bark.

Reply to
Slowhand