Black and Decker chucks

As B and D own dewalt are their chucks as bad as the B and D ones . I have been using regular keyed chucks all my life and tightening then the same way as keyless chucks are today . This is fine so long as a very high torque is required then the chuck will slip.No problem as in cases such as this one can easily resort to the chuck key [ if you can find it].
Seems to me the BandD chucks slip at lower torque levels and of course one cannot revert to the chuck key . The question is is their a replacement for the crappy plastic chucks and secondly does anyone else experience these same problems ...mjh
-- http://members.tripod.com/mikehide2
Most of the DeWalt chucks are professional models from Jacobs or Rohm and are much better than the B&D junk. Everything's interchangable so you can mount whatever you want on your drill.
GTO(John)

l know the chuck on my d-walt 12v 3 speed cordless seems to work well, Tony D.

are
mount
have
way
is
one
for
On Sat, 28 Feb 2004 23:05:40 -0500, "Anthony Diodati"

The chuck on my 14.4v DeWalt cordless has been excellent as well.
Barry

have
way
is
for
Hey Mike...most of the newer B&D drills use lower quality Jacobs chucks, the DeWalts tend to use differing quality Jacobs chucks depending on the cost of the drill, the odd Rohm chuck thrown in the mix for good measure, we rarely replace the DeWalt chucks with identical ones as our customers almost always benefit from a better quality one, even a $5 more expensive chuck is worth the money tenfold, we only carry professional or industrial chucks mostly by Makita or Jacobs & our customers get a better one more often than not whether they like it or not.
My advise is if you need to replace the chuck it probably warrants upgrading as well or it would not have failed in the first place.
--
Jon Down