Biscuit Jointer...which one.... ?

Leon,

The PC 557 is the only one that takes a 2" cutter. Yes, I've owned two of them, one was sold on this wreck. Both are gone, I switched to a Makita and never looked back. No slop, no play, tighter slots. I was unable to deal with the fence problems of the type 2 and was stubborn enough not to want to add a shim to make a $200 tool usable. Most users say, the fence problem is no handicap, everytime I wanted to cut a slot near the end of a board it was a problem for me.The Makita beats the pants off of the 557 for small parts and no slop with tighter joints. I've had all three of them. I wouldn't trade my Makita 3901 for a good 557, there to sloppy, the bed that is. If I get another it's going to be a Lamello.

Gene

Reply to
EugeneC173

It's not worth losing sleep over. Both the PC and the Dewalt kick some serious ass. I do admit that a biscuit cutter isn't exactly the most used tool though. But if you glue a lot of boards together, they seriously kick ass in helping you align the joints. Bottom line: If you've got the cash, buy one.

Reply to
jim wilson

I have the type 3 and there are no problems with it.

Dave.

Bob G wrote:

Reply to
Dave

No Bob, the type 3's don't have the problem the type 2's had with the fence.

Reply to
Fly-by-Night CC