Biscuit construction drawers?

Hi guys, I'm working on my kitchen remodel, and a cabinet maker friend turned me on to prefinished drawer sides. If you haven't seen the stuff, it's 5" wide strips (they have other widths too) of veneer plywood with a 1/4 groove cut for the bottom. Prefinished with clear poly and edgebanded on the top. Comes in 8 ft lengths you just cut to length and assemble. The big attraction to me is the finish which is really tough. Tougher than I could get in the shop which is a good for a kitchen. Anyway, I was planning on doing half blind dovetails. But of course the plys will show with plywood on each of the tails. Not my favorite look. And chip out is greater with plywood. So now I'm thinking of using biscuits to join the sides to the front (false front). But does that give a "cheap" factory feel to the drawers? I mean all the furniture I build has to have dovetails....right? I'm suppose to be a woodworker. Or am I just being too anal about this. What do you guys think...

Mark

Reply to
Mark