Best Woodworking Newsgroup / Forum?

I've looked at Knots and Sawmill Creek.

What else is out there and which is the best?

Regards,

Tom Watson

Tom Watson

Hello Tom, I recently joined Lumberjocks.com You get to post pictures of shops/ projects, etc and there are several forums. The "welcoming comittee" is quite friendly too. I recommend it. Marc

Reply to
marc rosen

little Neanderthal stuff. I do like Sawmill Creek but don't visit that often.

Reply to
Robatoy

T,

I visited both woodweb and sawmill creek for several months and decided on sawmill. I think it was the format that won me over. Content is good on both.

Craig

little Neanderthal stuff. I do like Sawmill Creek but don't visit that often.

Reply to
cm

to keep it clean for family viewing.

being from someplace other than NC is not usually a problem.

skeez

Reply to
skeez

- forums for general woodworking topics wood turning hand tools Permits including images as well as urls to a web page in addition to text also has articles from both wood central as well as the former badger pond (the host passed away and WC made its articles available on WC also has book and video reviews and an odds 'n' ends section

- forums for woodworking woodworking power tools woodworking handtools woodturning home improvement good causes tool swap 'n sell

both sites are moderated

if you're into woodturning

one's "by invitation only" but populated by a lot of well known turners from all over the world.

Reply to
charlieb

I hope I'm wrong, but I anticipate your departure swan-song, Tom. With sadness.

Perhaps a story, or a soliloquy, at least. I hope.

Let us know where you go, and why. Afterall:

"We know not know where we come, nor why We know not where we go, nor when"

Or something like that.

-Zz

Reply to
Zz Yzx

The best is pretty subjective, Tom. It all depends on your preferences and needs. Sawmill Creek is pretty good but I only lurk - I don't have much to offer. I go to BT3central.com a lot. It's probably too elementary for you (BTW, outstanding work you do) but they are a very social group. Best of luck.

Reply to
C & E

marc rosen wrote in news:f5d2a306-d53f-479b-a8fe- snipped-for-privacy@a7g2000yqo.googlegroups.com:

Marc,

Dave from Parkville here. What is you Lumberjock name? I am DustyDave on Lumberjocks.

Reply to
Dave - Parkville, MD

Thanks for the input.

Time to go have a look see.