Best WoodDorking Music

Page 1 of 3
I'm in design phase now for a pretty much classical piece on the order of a Townsend double chest.
As I'm sketching and scratching it is a great help to me to have Bach the elder playing the Concerto #3 in G major: allegro in the background.
It is exactly the right piece of music for this exercise and I am playing it on a loop.
Most tunes would get boring used in this way - but not this piece by brother Bach.
I wonder how many other guys put music to the task like this.

Beethoven's Eroica!!!
Max
Max wrote:

Bluegrass instrumentals.
--
Gerald Ross
Cochran, GA

Hayseed Dixie, "Kiss My Grass."

I learned to appreciate that one when I was in college and it is still my favorite.
I usually have NPR on in the shop. I do until Sunday afternoon, that is, when all the local station has on is jazz. I don't appreciate jazz. I think, "Keep playing man. You'll find the melody in there somewhere."
Dick "tin ear" Durbin

Aw.... try the CD, "Take Five"...Brubeck. Have you heard any Jazz by Four Play? Try them out at Amazon or cduniverse.com. Or maybe barnesandnoble.com.
Max

It's interesting that you mention "Take Five." I was thinking about how much I love it, but the difference is that it is not an improvisational piece. There's a very appealing melody going.
I'm not familiar with Four Play. I'll check them out.
Max wrote:

Try "Kind of Blue" by Miles Davis and crew. And take a look at the crew: Paul Chambers, James Cobb, Coltrane, Bill Evans, Wynton Kelly. It doesn't get better. The Brubeck album runs a very close second.     sigh,     jo4hn
While we have different tastes, I do have a few CD's that do the same thing for me. I am designing a corner cabinet/curio/jewelry box/tackle box/tool chest/car wash for the b&c that she saw at the antique store. (If she changes one more thing it wouldn't be as painful to part with the $800 they wanted) I find that a little Pantera gets me going in the right direction and I can concentrate on measurements, design, and appeal.
Allen

The Doors

<snip>
The most fun you can have is playing 'Woolly Bully' by Sam the Sham and the Pharoahs at 110 dB while using your framing nailer. Neighbors be damned...
Joe
Well Tempered Caliver on Harpsichord and Brandenburg #3 and #5.
Gary

What with first 2 weeks of -20 then 20" snow now ice storm and more snow only music that is tolerated now is Jimmy Buffet.

And I'll bet the Buffet being played is "Boat Drinks"
jc
tom watson wrote:

I've got some nice, 90 minute long Techno mixes for such occasions, or XM's "The System". <G>
My wife and I subscribe to the local symphony. While I love going, the subscription is my idea, I can't get into classical in the shop. Maybe that'll change someday...
B A R R Y wrote:

Da Missus and I just went to our second symphony recital in a month. Looks like it will be a semi-regular for us. BTW, in a battle of the bands <bg> the Great Lakes Symphony Orchestra would beat the Dearborn Symphony Orchestra hands down. ;-)
Probably share a lot of members, but the final sound was better, more 'finished'.
Bill <-- draws the line at rap but will listen to almost anything else.
is worth a **** unless backed up with enough genuine information to make

Have you ever seen the Detroit Symphony?
We had a saxophonist (yeah, I said that right <G>) from the Detroit Symphony do a guest appearance here in Hartford two or three years ago. Different, but FANTASTIC show, but it left the blue hairs very confused. <G>
Edward Cummings, the current Hartford conductor, has also done Detroit stints.
B A R R Y wrote:

Yes, many years ago when I was a sprout and attending a fund raiser. I heard, IIRC, The USMC Jazz band.
Da Missus and I are keeping an eye out for something we might like to take others to. VERY few of our associates & friends have ever attended such an event so it can be hard to put a decent foursome together because so many of them are flat-out-reluctant to go.
Every summer Schoolcraft Community College hosts a FREE jazzfest with maybe 3-4 concurrent performances all day long with everything from avant guard to big-band jazz. They feature perhaps 30 different groups over the course of the day with a couple at a time in tents and a couple indoors.
A number of those appearing are familiar recording artists ... so it's a good day of music.
Bill
is worth a **** unless backed up with enough genuine information to make

Here's the guy from DSO I saw in Hartford:
<http://www.aiartists.com/jcarter/
That man LET IT RIP!!!
GREAT!!
Screw the blue hairs... <G>
Barry
"tom watson" wrote in message

Lately, and once again for the millionth time .... Fleetwood Mac.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 2/20/07