Best source of free (old) ww e-books I've seen

Page 1 of 2  
http://www.craftsmanspace.com/free-books/woodworking-joinery-tehniques-hand-tools.html
If you don't mind books that are over 100 years old, you are bound to find something you like at the site above.
I've grown fond of the style of expression used by many of the authors of yesteryear...
If I could just choose *one tool* I'm pretty sure I would choose the book. Being able to share a thought with someone from far away, from a different time and place, impresses the hell of out me when I think about it. And none of the books don't have trolls in them unless you want them there! ; )
Bill
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

http://www.craftsmanspace.com/free-books/woodworking-joinery-tehniques-hand-tools.html
Many thanks,
seismo malm
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Yes, it was considerably more considered and considerate, wasn't it?

"none of the books don't", Bill?
I gave up teevee for books, so my vote goes to them, too.
-- Shake off all the fears of servile prejudices, under which weak minds are servilely crouched. Fix reason firmly in her seat, and call on her tribunal for every fact, every opinion. Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear. -- Thomas Jefferson
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On 12/8/2011 9:17 AM, Larry Jaques wrote:

Yeah, you say them words right out! Don't hold back! Folks will thing you ate a frog fer breakfast or something-er-nother.
[That writing style is actually my cheap imitation of that of a particularly lifely-chick from another forum. Maybe I'll post a sample of her actual "work"--at least I hope it's her work! ; )] She can saw a fiddle like all-get-out too!
Cheers, Bill

Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On 12/8/2011 9:51 AM, Bill wrote:

LJ, Here a sample of the lady's "work". I like her unique way with words:
Recently I changed the settings at sites where I post my music from
'streaming only' to 'free download'. Duh, doofus me. Slow on the uptake.
Why did it take me so long? Listening to whoopazz full-combo stuff via
streaming turns everything into soft pop pablum coming outta tidy distant
speakers in the waiting room at the dentist's office. Too tidy, too
compressed, too polite. Though my mp3's are compressed, not the full
fidelity of the master recordings, they're still hotwired enough to allow
listeners the equivalent of blasting cassettes or radio on the car
stereo--i.e. yer basic american belly-beat joyride fun stuff--if ya DOWNLOAD 'em.
I mean, I could drop dead tomorrow and what would happen to the THIRTY YEARS of
recordings (all kinda genres, approaches, combos) I've got archived here?
Hello garbage bin, howdy rummage sale cast off. Phooey on that, get the sounds
out there, let em go to whoever likes 'em. Do it Fer Free since I'm a natcheral-born
commie anarchist anti-big-biz basic brat. The Record Bizness Is Dead and
Good Riddance To Bad Shark Weasel Rubbish!!
So ya want tons of TOTALLY FREE NO OBLIGATION Jane noise? Nema Problema!! Be my guest, mi sonic casa es su sonic casa:
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
wrote:

I didn't see any double negatives there, Bill. What's the URL, anyway? She sounds like fun.
-- Shake off all the fears of servile prejudices, under which weak minds are servilely crouched. Fix reason firmly in her seat, and call on her tribunal for every fact, every opinion. Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear. -- Thomas Jefferson
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
Larry Jaques wrote:

She doesn't write as much as she used to. But here is where I copied that text. I understand Jane is even more interesting in person.
http://www.fiddlehangout.com/myhangout/home.asp?id !54
By the way, you should know I know a double-negative when I use one. Ain't you never heard of hyperbole? Some folks turn 'em on a lathe super fast...

Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Hah! I like her Click Dark comment: "Do it like minstrels always did it until Dick Clark came along and started selling his Show Biz Toxic Souvenir Snake Oil Hair Tonic and [r]uined everything that was good and simple in God's Creation. "

Ado.
<ouch,ouch,ouch>
-- Shake off all the fears of servile prejudices, under which weak minds are servilely crouched. Fix reason firmly in her seat, and call on her tribunal for every fact, every opinion. Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear. -- Thomas Jefferson
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On 12/9/2011 9:51 AM, Larry Jaques wrote:

Awe, I'm just trying to keep you amused. To lots of high-schoolers,a hyperbole is known as a hyperbowl, not to be confused with a superbowl, superball, a hyperball, a hyperbole or hyperbowling, as I'm doing here---oops, that's a metaphor.... (reminds me of a Abbott and Costello sketch).

Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
wrote:

And why else would I be OUCHing?
-- A sound mind in a sound body is a short but full description of a happy state in this world. -- John Locke
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
Larry Jaques wrote:

My sense of humor is that bad, huh???

Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
Bill wrote:

Would you like to buy a Sus-que-hanna hat???

Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Only when you lower yourself to A&C's level, or use triple question marks or exclamation points. <kaff, kaff>
-- A sound mind in a sound body is a short but full description of a happy state in this world. -- John Locke
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
Larry Jaques wrote:

Only when I lower myself to the A&C level? Is THAT what you said? Ni-ag-ra Falls...

Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

That one went PSA, mon. 'Splain, please?
-- A sound mind in a sound body is a short but full description of a happy state in this world. -- John Locke
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
Larry Jaques wrote:


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9pQii1L8fGk&feature=related

And similar:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BReOXOxUqE8&feature=related


Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

1:17 in this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n57lsxe5Cqo

-- A sound mind in a sound body is a short but full description of a happy state in this world. -- John Locke
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
Larry Jaques wrote:

Yeah, hyperbowls aren't not as subtle as they used to be, ain't they?

Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
Bill wrote:

Larry, If you find yourself tired, and ouch'ed to death, you might enjoy this A&C sketch:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q24mfUn9HFU


Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Oy, vay, you misunderestimate me. (Thank you, GWB!)
A&C = ouch. Jim Carey = ouch. 3 Stooges = ouch. Chris Rock = ouch. Ben Stiller = ouch.
Old SNL skits = laugh. Jeff "I keel you!" Dunham = laugh. Redd Foxx = laugh. George Carlin = laugh until tears.
Keep your Kostello, Kid.
-- Do not let your fire go out, spark by irreplacable spark.
In the hopeless swamps of the not quite, the not yet, and the not at all, do not let the hero in your soul perish and leave only frustration for the life you deserved, but never have been able to reach.
The world you desire can be won, it exists, it is real, it is possible, it is yours. -- Ayn Rand
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

HomeOwnersHub.com is a website for homeowners and building and maintenance pros. It is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.