Best place to get Brad Point Bits

I like LV as much as most folks here, but I had a notion that WL Fuller was also top-notch when it came to bits. Unlike std twist bits, I considered by Brad Points to be an investment, and I don't pull them out for just anything.

I bought my WL Fullers from:

patrick conroy

FWIW, the rules of origin for cars are special. (versus drill bits and 99% of everything else) Just as they are special for cloth/clothing. Back when there were quotas on Japanes cars, Detroit and the UAW tried to get Japanese vans designated as cars so they would be under quotas -- even though trucks carried a 20% duty, IIRC. Even with a 20% duty our guys had trouble competing and wanted the # of imports simply cut.

Reply to
igor

Worrying about such rules used to be part of my day job, but that ended around the time of the FTAs. Robin, that is a good story. Not as weird as Chinatown (my daugher, my sister, my daughter, my sister), and not as funny as Firesign Theater's "How can you be in 2 places at once when you're really nowhere at all", but still a good story. -- Igor

Reply to
igor

I'm a little confused. Is that the normal way that brad point bits are made, by regrinding twist drill bits?

Reply to
Hank Gillette

I checked out both Lee Valley and W. L. Fuller (at Bits & Bores) as well as reviews of both. It does look like those are the sources of choice. Bits & Bores has lower shipping cost, but the bits are more expensive. I wish that Lee Valley had lower shipping costs somehow. The costs escalate as you buy more and even though I am a pretty heavy buyer at Lee Valley, I have backed out more than once because the shipping was a high percentage of the total purchase and I felt I could wait until I had some necessary purchases. I wonder if Lee Valley would find it an advantage to hit a "free shipping" level after a certain dollar value purchase?

Reply to
eganders

Sure, all they have to do is raise their prices to cover it. If you go the store and pick up an item yourself, do they give you gas money for going there? Do they pay you mileage? Nothing is truly free.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

The Automotive Products Trade Agreement (Auto Pact) between Canada and the USA dates to 1965.

Reply to
Dave Balderstone