Best Method for applying Strapping

I am in the process of Putting up some Plywood in a utility closet for a DC and a sub panel. I need to attach some 1x3 straps to a concrete wall so I can then put up 3/4" plywood.
Whats the Best Method? I am looking at Renting a Nail Gun but don't they have orange plastic caps that will stick out and be in the way when I put up the plywood?
Thanks in advance.
Rich

If you are talking about the powder cartridge based nailing gun (you hit it with a hammer, a gunpowder cartridge goes off and drives a special nail into ...) then you need to choose the right nail/cartridge combo to get the nail all the way into the 1x3 strap and the concrete, flattening the plastic whatchmacallit. Depending on what you hit in the concrete, the nail will go in all the way or not. It's called chance or luck.
An alternative is the blue concrete nails you can buy. Predrill a hole in the concrete, and just screw in the nail. Much better control (IMHO).
YMMV
--
Best regards
Han

I've done the same, with the addition of some construction adhesive.
Barry
Got a .22 remington nail gun and tested it out on a 1x3 and it split the board apart tried a 2x4 and worked perfectly. Another week or two and I'll be ready for the electrician and near completion of the shop.
Thanks to everyone for their suggestions. Have a Good Weekend in the shop.
Rich

DC
up