Best Jack'o'Lantern Carving Tool I've Used Yet

Reply to
Joe Gorman

home tonight...

Reply to
A Dog Named Stain

Hehehe. I'm a normite too.

"A Prarie Home Companion" had a skit about househusbands who made cinnamon rolls on their lathes & the like.

-- Mark

Reply to
Mark Jerde

Reply to
Joe Gorman

Isnt that what the dremel is for??

=)

Tried it last night - WARNING - dont use it to do the top - it will fall in after its cut out.

Its ok to cut out patterns - but works really well for shadowing (taking off just a little bit of the rine)

-R

Reply to
Rob V

For many years I've used my X-acto knife set, the *heavy* handle with the 2

1/2 to 3" saw blade in it. Pointed enough to plunge cut, small enough to do curves, etc.

Nahmie

Reply to
Norman D. Crow

Joe Gorman wrote in news:bnug7a$f7op$ snipped-for-privacy@news3.infoave.net:

Apologies, but your fears have been realized.

You

I forgot all about this one until my 5 y.o. reminded me today. Thanks Meg.

Going home tonight to pumpkins to carve for your little ones? For the longest time I decided that unless I was deserted in a forest of very small trees, the woodsaw in my Swiss Army knife was useless as... well, you know. Last year, at my daughter's suggestion, I found that little sucker can saw through pumpkins at an alarming rate. Of course it does nothing for scooping out that crap inside, but if you are destined for an evening of hurried pumpkin carving, I highly recommend it. It's fun too! The downside, naturally, is that you have to clean it up really well after.

Just thought I would share that little revelation. It is surprising what you'll learn from a little kid.

-- Best regards,

Howard

---------------------------------- Working wood in New Jersey snipped-for-privacy@inthewoodshop.org

Visit me "In the Woodshop"

Howard Ruttan

Next on WoodWorks with David Marks...

Pumpkin carving on the Multirouter!

;0)

Reply to
Howard Ruttan

Believe it or not ...

-- Mark

Reply to
Mark Jerde

today. LOTS of old messages are showing up.

-- Mark

Reply to
Mark Jerde

I popped down to the shop, opened a pack of scroll saw blades, cut one off 'bout half way up so the cut end was pointy and the blade cut on the down stroke, I glued on small pieces of scrap on either side of the blade for a handle letting it sit in the clamp during dinner. I ended up with a great pumpkin carving saw that could turn sharper than anything I've purchased. I ended up carving Yoda.....

Good luck Rob

Reply to
Rob Stokes

Good on ya Rob. Perfect example of *wRECkmanship*, using your ww'ing skills & knowledge to improve things. I think this lands somewhere north of neener, but still a little south of gloat. Nahmie

Reply to
Norman D. Crow

I found that an inexpensive drywall saw works well, better than a cheese knife.

Reply to
Phisherman