Best Grooves

Page 1 of 3
OBWW
Her Strut - Bob Seger.
Money For Nothing - Dire Straits.
All She Wants To Do Is Dance - Don Henley.
<seed money>
Regards,
Tom Watson
tjwatson1ATcomcastDOTnet (real email)
http://home.comcast.net/~tjwatson1 /
You Win Again-Jerry Lee Lewis---oops gave my age away

Ida Red - Bob Wills (don't worry about the age)
Regards,
Tom Watson
tjwatson1ATcomcastDOTnet (real email)
http://home.comcast.net/~tjwatson1 /
Asleep At The Wheel does a great cover of Ida Red.
Wow.... not one mention of any of my regulars.
Alvin Lee (the honest to Pete guitar god, no Eric whatshisname)
Peter Green (just about anything along about '67 -'75)
Jeff Beck - Situation, Goin' Down, Spanish Boots
Tony Rice (with or without anyone)
Manassas - Turn Back the Pages, Bluebird, So Begins the Task
Sean Phillips - Contribution, Second Collaboration
Not much popular stuff there, but I think most of that stuff holds up well even though some of it is 35-40 years old.
Robert
RE: Subject
Ella, Diana, Sarah, Art Tatum, Joe Williams, Monk, Brubeck, Miles.
The list goes on, but you get the idea.
Lew
Lew Hodgett wrote:

You go, boy!
Bill Evans, Art Blakely, Oscar Peterson, Stan Getz, Wayne Shorter, Coleman Hawkins, Joe Pass.... none are ever too far from the jukebox. And of course... never heard a bad note from Paul Desmond.
Robert
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:
> You go, boy! > > Bill Evans, Art Blakely, Oscar Peterson, Stan Getz, Wayne Shorter, > Coleman Hawkins, Joe Pass.... none are ever too far from the jukebox. > And of course... never heard a bad note from Paul Desmond.
Shifting gears a little bit, The Kingston Trio, The Weavers, Pete Seeger, and of course Willie.
Those were the days my friend, We thought they would never end,
Lew
Lew Hodgett wrote:

Detroit just got a European Classical / Classical Jazz station (90.9 FM if you happen to be in the area) that plays Mozart, Holst, etc. all day but Jazz from 7 pm.
Not much news and no political commentary AT ALL!
Every radio in my house is permanently tuned to it.
Bill
Bill in Detroit wrote:
> Detroit just got a European Classical / Classical Jazz station (90.9 FM > if you happen to be in the area) that plays Mozart, Holst, etc. all day > but Jazz from 7 pm.
Way back when I was still living in Cleveland, would catch JP McCarthy in the morning on WJR.
Also, the station in Windsor was neat.
My how times have changed.
Life goes on.
Lew

I know my Grundig at home will pull it in, I hope my blaster at the shop will too. I'll give it a try.
Thanks, Bill.
On 21 Nov 2006 22:57:34 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

And strangely, a few of mine- that doesn't happen often.
Come to Realize - Ronnie Wood/"Gimme Some Neck" (this whole album is great) Sympathy for The Devil - Rolling Stones (Woo Woo....) U.S. Blues - THe Harshed Mellows (off "Deadicated")
-Zz

What A Wonderful World- Ramones
Don't Get Me Wrong- Pretenders
Claire- Rheostatics
Running Down A Dream- Tom Petty

Walk On the Wild Side - Lou Reed.
Heroin - Lou Reed.
Waiting For My Man - Lou Reed.
(and, if I may take this opportunity to say, fook nico.)
Regards,
Tom Watson
tjwatson1ATcomcastDOTnet (real email)
http://home.comcast.net/~tjwatson1 /
Woke Up This Morning - Alabama 3
Regards,
Tom Watson
tjwatson1ATcomcastDOTnet (real email)
http://home.comcast.net/~tjwatson1 /
Neighbourhood #3 (Power Out)- The Arcade Fire
Dangerous Mood- Keb' Mo'
Killamangiro- Babyshambles
Is You Is or Is You Ain't- BB King & Dr. John
Making Contact- Bruce Cockburn
Panic In Detroit- David Bowie
Touch Of Grey- The Grateful dead
Little Sister- Queens Of The Stone Age
...from 'Most Recent' on my iTunes.
Robatoy seems to have the most eclectic (de gustibus non disputandum, est.) of musical tastes, of all of you. Do any of you play a musical instrument? Zappa, Henry Cow (oh, yes), Stravinsky. Tom Robatoy wrote:

tom wrote:

I have been accused of an eclectic taste in music before, but most of my friends call it a bit differently: this dude listens to anything. I think it was Glen Miller who said: "If it sounds good, it is good." I love a good riff as much as the next guy, but it still needs to sound like music, complex bullshiat for the sake of complexity turns me off. But if I zoom back and take a look at the big picture, only a few really stand out as all-around favourites. That list isn't that long:
All Cohen stuff:
Closing Time I'm Your Man Everybody Knows The Future Anthem and Cohen's version of a song that Tom mentioned: Woke Up This Morning. Oh.. and Bono's version of Halleluja and, and, Jennifer Warnes' First we Take Manhattan...oh..and Famous Blue Raincoat
and, of course, The B 52's version of The Flintstones Theme. (What a great movie.. who can forget Elizabeth Taylor as the mother in law.. Rosie O'Donnell as Betty...Rick Moranis as Barney..just a great cast all around.
Will you look at this.. in my CD player in my wife's office...MY CD...Manhattan Transfer's Birdland.
Now, suddenly I'm in the mood for some Hollies... no wait.. Ricky Skaggs?...no..Tori Amos..no okay, *hits shuffle*
"Robatoy" wrote in message

Know the feeling ... 7712 of my _favorite_ tunes on my iPod at last count.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/29/06