Bessey K and K++

Just for grins, report back in a year and tell us how many times you had occasion to use that feature. Just curious, because I've never had it come up.

- - LRod

Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite

Shamelessly whoring my website since 1999

LRod

There were several 50" Bessey K Body clamps at my local HD before they went on sale. I was planning to get a pair when they went on sale but I didn't get a chance to make it over before last night. Only one left. :-( I asked someone if they had any more hidden somewhere and to my surprise he said "Yes." He scrambled up the ladder, fought with boxes & straps on the top shelf, and finally descended with 3. They're slightly different. Instead of having the end crimped so the jaw won't fall off there is a removable plastic thingie. You can remove the plastic thingie, take off the jaw, turn it around, and have a 50" spreader!

Glad there weren't two left when I first showed up or I have gotten the clamps instead of the clamps/spreaders.

-- Mark

Reply to
Mark Jerde

More than once I've stacked blocks on the center of something I'm gluing up. When the blocks get within 36" of the ceiling of the shop my reversible 36" clamp supplies pressure. With the 50" Bessey I probably won't have to stack any blocks at all.

Repairs to the wall above the bathtub have also needed spreader-style pressure.

True, you don't need a spreader very often but it's nice to have the feature for zero additional cost.

-- Mark

Reply to
Mark Jerde

In the last 4 weeks I have use that feature on my Cabinet masters. Once to square and hold a wall square and into position on a shed that I am currently building. I pushed against a fixed post on a deck until the diagonal brace was attached. A second time to take the bow out of a roof truss before attaching roof decking to it. 2 pieces of decking were going to share that truss. 3rd time I used that feature to open up an old DT drawer that need to be taken apart and reglued.

Reply to
Leon

I use it when installing upper cabinets.....

Reply to
bridger

Oh... I thought of another use that did not work out too well. I reversed the clamps to try to stretch out my buttoned up blue jeans after they came out of the dryer.... LOL..

Reply to
Leon

ummm... You can never have enough clamps?

j/k

Reply to
Eric Ryder

I just bought a couple of small cheapies for just that purpose - I'm taking them to the deer lease to use to spread the breastbone when gutting a deer. Should work great.

Reply to
Tom