Bench project question

I plan on doing this glue up in two stages. The sides first then assemble the rest of the carcass.

I plan on raising the 'floor' from the bottom after the carcass glue up and then screwing in ledgers underneath. Does any one see any potential problems I may not have thought of with this plan??

All the way down at the bottom!

Thanks!

Reply to
GarageWoodworks

Based on your drawings, I think that would work fine. With the bench inverted, you could clamp or tape some braces in place to align the floor, then attach the stringers. If the floor is plywood, I'd glue the stringers to the frame and bottom of floor, as well as using screws.

**
**

B A R R Y

Thanks Barry. I just want to make sure I'm not over looking something.

Reply to
GarageWoodworks