Belt sander

Anyone have a Porter Cable 371K, 2 1/2 X 14 belt sander? Pleased with it? would you recommend it?

Max (considering the purchase)

Reply to
Max

I use one primarily for sanding cabinet face frames, and for one-handed tasks, like scribing an edge to a line ... a handy size to have around for these type tasks. If you don't have a belt sander, and really don't need the 'choo choo', you will probably be satisfied with it, despite its 21st century Porter Cable "Primarily Plastic Persona".

For the record, I've had no problems with it getting too hot, or slipping belts, as you see mentioned in some reviews.

Reply to
Swingman

"Swingman" wrote

I have a 3 X 21 Elu that has served me well (except that it's far from dustless) and I have a 4 X 24 Bosch that is such a monster that it is seldom used. But I was considering the small PC for ...uh....small jobs.

Max

Reply to
Max