Baskets

I bought this basket at a yard sale and it is hard to fathom how it was made. Could be some production thing from asia. It is simply oak sections about a half inch by 2 inch all glued together in a geometric shape about the size of a bowling ball. I searched all over the web for this, found nothing, then the other day talked to my sister and she has one just like it. Any ideas about origin or who akes them? Thanks

Your sister?
B.
She didn't make them but maybe she should. It's really a cool object and someone put serious effort and skill into it. Just thought I would ask if any of the regs heer had seen one before.
On Dec 16, 10:08 pm, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (daniel peterman) wrote:

Maybe posting a picture would help - you can't post directly to this newsgroup, but alt.bin.pictures.woodworking or a link to a photo site like Yahoo photos would work. Andy
Andy wrote:

Theres a whole range of planters and baskets made as you describe.
try www.meiselwoodhobby.com for scrap wood basket plan
They are often glued or stapled together . Commercial items are often of China origin.