Bar clamps from HF

Page 2 of 2

On Mon, 2 Jan 2006 13:12:24 -0600, with neither quill nor qualm, "AL"

But are they guaranteed for life as the HF Pittsburgh brand are?
I'm a happy HF barclamp user, too.
--
REMEMBER: First you pillage, then you burn.
---

Yes, every country has one factory were everything is made. Rest assured, there is someone in Sweden saying "it all comes out of the same factory in the US". BTW, where is our factory?
>In cases like this it's a good bet that many of the

And for what it's worth, this Mike did exactly that today. Went down to the Harbor Freight in Syracuse before Bob S could wake up and get moving about, and bought all they had on the shelf - all four of them. 18" length, $2.99 each. Of course getting about before Bob S wakes up and starts moving does not put an overly strenuous burden on a soul...
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@alltel.net

I like the HF 6" a lot for the price, and the 12" are not bad. Longer than that and they are too bendy for my taste; for those sizes I go to the Bessey's, up to 48". At 48" I use Jorgie I-bar clamps and over that, 3/4" pipe clamps.
Jim
On Mon, 2 Jan 2006 14:09:02 -0700, with neither quill nor qualm, Jim

Some day you'll learn that you -don't- need four to six TONS of pressure to put two flat boards together. When that day comes, you'll find the longer HF bar clamps work just fine, Jim. ;)
--
REMEMBER: First you pillage, then you burn.
---
Larry Jaques wrote...

C-less, the only time you *don't* need four to six tons of pressure is when you're doing an edge glue-up. Wouldn't want to starve that joint, eh? :-)
Now, lessee 2000 lbs in a ton, and 2000kg's in a tonne? Or is it...aw, tahellwidit...
Jim
Thanks for all the replies. I didn't expect that many, but now I know that others use the HF clamps and they won't be a waste of my money.
I wound up buying two of the heavy-duty Jorgensen 18" clamps at Home Depot today so that I can finish my workbench, but I'll be getting more clamps from HF when they go on sale.
Mike
Mike wrote:

that gave me the most trouble were a pair of Jorgenson's. I had to resort to touching them (hard!) to the grinder to get them to open to full width. Go figure.     gloom,     jo4hn p.s. First nasty winter storm is still going on. Wind is howling, snow and ice flying (maybe 4 inches on the ground). Anybody who watched the Rose Parade will get an idea of the weather (then drop the temperature to about 28 dF. Lotsa fun. Then too, I managed to provide a home for a runny nose/cough/low grade fever virus which explains my grumpiness (besides my normal curmudgeonlyness). `    peace,     jo4hn

your wish list..
Check your wish list once in a while and look for anything that has the price in RED, indicating that this is a sale price.. YMWV
mac
Please remove splinters before emailing
mac davis wrote:

mean that you will buy me some of the stuff on my wish list? ;-)     mahalo,     jo4hn

maybe, John.... Brings to mind something that they told us in the Army... "wish in one hand and shit in the other.. determine which fills up first and drive on"