Princess Auto Bar Clamps?

I was looking around in Princess Auto (Mississauga) this week when I saw the Sale sticker on the 6" bar clamps. They were $2.99 and the bin was empty of course, so was the regular shelf space. Now they sell some awful crap sometimes, but you can also get some decent deals, if quality isn't the prime concern.

SO, which one of you Bastards cleaned them out AND were they worth the $2.99?

Reply to
Bill Stock

Robert did.

Reply to
Mike Richardson

No, I suspect that Robin Lee. He gives them a quick spray-job then smuggles them across the border to where the prices are higher.

8-)
Reply to
Andy Dingley

Hi Bill They are one of that whole group of awful products that they sell (at many stores) in the lead up to Christmas. You know the type. Hubby tells the wife that a couple of K bodies would be a great gift for him. She sees the ad at 2.99 and decides to buy him twice as many as he asked for. After opening his gift, he is creat fallen, the day is spoiled, .... the lawyers are called,...and so on. JG

ps- they are crap

Bill Stock wrote:

Reply to
JGS

Yeah, I sorta suspected. But I don't have many clamps now, so I thought they would do me for a while until I can accumulate a decent collection. I bought a set of strippers (wire that is) there on clearance that did not make it past the first use.

Reply to
Bill Stock

On Mon, 15 Nov 2004 11:29:04 -0500, "Bill Stock" calmly ranted:

Stick with the HF Pittsburgh clamps if you want cheapies. The longer ones bend a bit in getting things seated (I really should be using a rubber mallet for that), but still work fine. I have several dozen of them. Put some Johnson's wax on the threads and work it back and forth a few times before initial use. It makes them much easier to work. That goes for all new clamps of any brand and type. Screws LIKE wax.

Reply to
Larry Jaques