Bandsaw wheels/tires?

I just finished overhauling my neighbor's Shopsmith Mark V 500 and then took a look at the bandsaw tires we ordered from Shopsmith. His Shopsmith bandsaw has ribbed wheels. The old tires are ribbed on the inside to match the wheels. The new tires they sent to us are not ribbed, they are smooth on both sides. Is that an obvious mismatch or is there a possibility that new smooth tires will work on old ribbed wheels?

Seems to me the least it will do is mess up the bandsaw blade tension scale.

FWIW. The bandsaw was manufactured in 1984. The tires are each part number

518108.
Reply to
Jack Straight