Bandsaw Riser Kit

Hi there...

I have a Ridgid 14", and was looking at buying the riser kit, but at $175 CDN, seems a little steep. I wonder if anyone else out there has ever tried using a riser from a different saw, or knows if other, less expensive riser kits might work.

Thanks in advance! Mike

Reply to
MikeMac

Are you sure it is 175$ CDN ? I am not sure but I think I saw a riser bloc for at home depot for 60 or 70$.

S.B.

Reply to
SBO

Thats what price they showed me from their catalog. :-\

Reply to
MikeMac

I'll quote an older post rather than paste a google link

"Bottom line: the Grizzly extension (riser) kit for $50 is a perfect bolt-on accessory for the Ridgid BS1400 band saw. No mods (filing, bending, beating, etc.) required. The kit even comes with a 3/8 inch

105 inch blade to get you up and runnin' fast. For the style conscious; however, the colors do NOT match (Grizzly green/red vs. Home Depot orange/grey)! "

Just wondering something. The HD website says the motor draws 15 amps. The motor is supposed to be 3/4 hp which shouldn't draw anywhere near that. Does it say anything different in the manual or on the motor itself?

-Leuf

Reply to
Leuf

That seemed high but from what I can find, it is in line with other outlets. .

$125 US

No price listed, but they do show the kit

$130 US here

$142.00 here

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Leuf... thanks for saving me a lot of words..*g*

I have the Ridgid BS1400 with the Griz kit and it works great..

Mac

mac davis