Bandsaw Riser Kit

Hi there...
I have a Ridgid 14", and was looking at buying the riser kit, but at $175 CDN, seems a little steep. I wonder if anyone else out there has ever tried using a riser from a different saw, or knows if other, less expensive riser kits might work.
Thanks in advance! Mike
Are you sure it is 175$ CDN ? I am not sure but I think I saw a riser bloc for at home depot for 60 or 70$.
S.B.

Thats what price they showed me from their catalog. :-\

I'll quote an older post rather than paste a google link
"Bottom line: the Grizzly extension (riser) kit for $50 is a perfect bolt-on accessory for the Ridgid BS1400 band saw. No mods (filing, bending, beating, etc.) required. The kit even comes with a 3/8 inch 105 inch blade to get you up and runnin' fast. For the style conscious; however, the colors do NOT match (Grizzly green/red vs. Home Depot orange/grey)! "
Just wondering something. The HD website says the motor draws 15 amps. The motor is supposed to be 3/4 hp which shouldn't draw anywhere near that. Does it say anything different in the manual or on the motor itself?
-Leuf

Leuf... thanks for saving me a lot of words..*g*
I have the Ridgid BS1400 with the Griz kit and it works great..
Mac https://home.comcast.net/~mac.davis/wood_stuff.htm

That seemed high but from what I can find, it is in line with other outlets. .
http://m-and-d.com/RID-AC5005.html $125 US
http://www.ridgidparts.com/accessories/AC5005.phtml No price listed, but they do show the kit
http://search.cartserver.com/search/search.cgi?cartid=a-8671&category=Ridgid_Parts&maxhits &keywords5005&go=Find+It $130 US here
http://www.localaccess.com/1942/ridgid/ $142.00 here