bandsaw question

Have a General 14inch and the device on the back that controls the blade tension seems to be stuck. Either the body of the upper fly wheel is pressing too hard on the screw tensioner or the tensioner is jammed somehow in the groove or track that it fits in. Either way when I tighten or loosen the blade the screw might leave contact with the push area but I don't see any movement of the spring. Short of taking a screw driver and a hammer and whacking away to force the 2 sides apart I'm open to suggestions
Moyo

a little penetrating oil and some careful tapping with that hammer and screwdriver might do it.
On Fri, 19 Nov 2004 17:32:37 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@thanks.com wrote:

Penetrating oil,,,,never would of thunk it....thanks man...I'll give it a try tonite
Moyo
moyo wrote:

I had a similar problem with my Grizzly G1019. I disassembled the tensioner and found that it was caused by burrs on the adjuster casting. I little clean up with a file solved the problem.
calmly ranted:

Carefully, with gloves on, slowly roll the blade off the wheels to release the tension. Then you can see where it's binding and go from there if it's still caught. A stripped nut is probable.
-- Friends Don't Let Friends Eat Turkey and Drive --