bandsaw question

Have a General 14inch and the device on the back that controls the blade tension seems to be stuck. Either the body of the upper fly wheel is pressing too hard on the screw tensioner or the tensioner is jammed somehow in the groove or track that it fits in. Either way when I tighten or loosen the blade the screw might leave contact with the push area but I don't see any movement of the spring. Short of taking a screw driver and a hammer and whacking away to force the 2 sides apart I'm open to suggestions

Moyo

Reply to
moyo

a little penetrating oil and some careful tapping with that hammer and screwdriver might do it.

Reply to
bridger

Penetrating oil,,,,never would of thunk it....thanks man...I'll give it a try tonite

Moyo

Reply to
moyo

I had a similar problem with my Grizzly G1019. I disassembled the tensioner and found that it was caused by burrs on the adjuster casting. I little clean up with a file solved the problem.

Nova

On Fri, 19 Nov 2004 23:32:41 GMT, moyo calmly ranted:

Carefully, with gloves on, slowly roll the blade off the wheels to release the tension. Then you can see where it's binding and go from there if it's still caught. A stripped nut is probable.

-- Friends Don't Let Friends Eat Turkey and Drive --

Reply to
Larry Jaques