General plumbing question

I am running 1/2" copper lines in a crawl space to a double sink I am installing... My question is this... Is there a "general height" at which the 1/2" lines come out the wall....I am thinking about a foot off the floor should be good. Is there a general rule of thumb? Also in saving elbows my hot water side will come through the gyprock on the right hand side instead of the left...should that really matter? I personally don't think so.. Thoughts? Thanks... Jim

Reply to
Jim

If you have the bathroom cabinet, best to place it up against where it will go and see where the best place for the pipes will be. If you are too accurate with where the drain comes out of the wall, it might come right out where a drain from a sink is coming down for example.

Or a valve might get in the way of a drawer. Or be too high and hard to get to with a wrench once the cabinet is in place, etc.

Reply to
Bill

Saving elbows??? Are you serious? You are talking about your house plumbing. What can an elbow or two cost?

Reply to
Bob F

With today's copper prices, probably $1.45, then there is the frictional flow / pressure losses...

Reply to
Pete C.

Jim-

Do the job right....hot on the left / cold on the right.

Supply lines come out of the wall at about the same height as the drain.

Too high makes access to them (hidden by the sink) more difficult, too low and they're behind all the stuff in the cabinet.

A foot is kinda low...I'd do them at 16" to 18"....maybe even 20". Check the vanity for a good fit.

cheers Bob

Reply to
DD_BobK

Face the opposite direction and you should be fine.

Reply to
mm

If you use flexible hoses from the shutoof to the faucet, it's not critical which side they come out. afoot above the vanity floor is probably 16 or so inches above the room floor.

Reply to
hrhofmann

First, go to the store and see how long are the flex tubes from the shutoff to the sink. That will make some of the decision.

I'd want the hot on the left, just cause it's standard.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

And you don't want the next buyer of the house to question the while plumbing system?

Wonder if the inspector would say anything about this?

Reply to
Bob F

I'll have to remember to hold that against any job applicants with degrees from there.

Reply to
mm