Bandsaw blades

Why do they want bandsaw blades twisted into a small circle rather than hanging on the wall over say a 12 inch radius?
Woodturner550
Less space.

Len Dye wrote:

Before I learned how to make them into circles and store them in their boxes, the 105" blades hanging on the wall would leap from 3 or 4 feet away to dig their teeth into my clothing and skin. You can't trust 'em out in the open like that. They're way too aggressive and eager to cut. Circle the wagons, er, blades, & put them in a drawer.
-- Mark
P.S. It protects the teeth too. <g>

I found it a little bizarre that the instructions on the back of the Olsen blades said to throw the folded blade on a concrete floor and let it snap open.
Junior
http://pages.cthome.net/edhome
Len Dye wrote:

Who are "they"?
UA100

"they" as in "them" or "us"???

If you have the wall space, that's great. I have a half dozen blades and store them on nails, overhead on side of a rafter, just above my bandsaw. The folding process is almost magical.
Shipping those 4' long boxes would become tiresome.
Bill Pounds http://www.bill.pounds.net/woodshop

I saw what you mean by four foot boxes.. but mine would be seven foot boxes. :)) small GLOAT!
A 1 1/4 inch wide blade is not fun to coil.
Thanks all for the help