BANDSAW

Do all bandsaws (CHEAPER TYPE) have bottom roller guides?

Picked up a second hand one which doesn't BUT I think it may be missing!

TIA

Reply to
Greg William

Do you mean bottom guides at all or actual roller guides on the bottom as well? Most of the standard 14" taiwanese made models come with guide blocks rather than roller guides on top and bottom. They do come with ball bearing thrust guides top and bottom though. Usually the guide blocks they come with as standard are rather ordinary. I'd sugesst buying replacement guide blocks. There are several types on the market, but the ceramic variety have worked well for me. Can be hard to find. Rockler does sell them though, which is where I bought mine -

Dean Bielanowski Editor, Online Tool Reviews
50 woodworking product reviews online!

- Infinity "Dadonator" Stacked Dado Set

- GMC LS950SPJ Scrolling Jigsaw

- Triton Powered Respirator