Avenger dado

While I was checking out at Rockler this morning I saw on the floor a small stack of 6" Avenger dado blades for $20 each. I know that these aren't going to be the best, but for $20 I figured what the heck. Anybody think they might be worth the $20?
--
Paul O.
snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com

I bought an Avenger "Fine" stack awhile back, seemed like a decent set *except* that one of the saw blades produced a bit of a bat wing. When I get around to having it sharpened and trued, I'm sure it will be a nice set. For now, I couldn't be happier with the $100 Freud set that I replaced it with.
At $20 per, your looking at $120 to cut a 3/4" dado, which may or may not work right out of the box. Also, my Avenger set didn't come with any shims, the Freud did.
Does Avenger sell individual blades? If not, I'd wonder how these came to be orphaned.
Jerry

Paul O.
snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com,
Check the thickness of the chippers and blades - I bought (and returned) a set where the 1/8" chippers were actually 1/16" - 5/32". The total stack (6 chippers + 2 blades should be 29/32") didn't even get close to 3/4". If the thicknesses are close - the sets come with shims - then it cuts dados OK... especially for $20.
JeffB
Paul O. wrote:

FWIW, the Tukwila, WA store does not have these. It appears that they are being clearanced by Rockler, perhaps, as they're not carried locally at all.
thanks, --randy