Attn: BRuce -- Wet Wood Bandsaw Blade

Attn: BRuce,
----- Original Message ----- From: <BRuce> Newsgroups: rec.woodworking Sent: Wednesday, December 03, 2003 12:36 PM Subject: Re: Photos -- Shopmade Bandsaw Fence

My wet wood blade came in last week, but I didn't get a chance to use it until yesterday -- it worked great cutting up some Birch and Russian Olive wood that I have been saving for the lathe. I ordered it at a woodworking show from PS Wood, who along with Suffolk Machinery are part of the Gschwind Group who make and distribute the Timber Wolf blades.
They just call it a wet wood blade, but the specs are as follows: width=3/8", TPI=3, thickness=.032. The teeth look to be the same milled shape as the standard Timber Wolf low tension blade which is .025 thick. I believe they can make it in other widths as well. At the show they recommended lubricating the blade with Pam cooking oil spray on a rag -- that really helps cut down on blade friction.
www.pswood.com 1-800-934-4414
Ken Vaughn Lakewood, CO
thanks you, that is one for the "keepers file". maybe Santa will leave me a little spending cash and I will get one before the end of the year.
thanks again for posting the info and the Pam hint.
BRuce
Ken Vaughn wrote:

--
---