Arts & Crafts Kitchen Cabinet Inspiration/ Sources

Hello,

I was reading through my copy of "In The Craftsman Way" by Taunton and was very taken by the Kitchen Cabinets done by Matthew Kirby toward the end of the book. I have made several searches on Google for mission/ craftsman/ arts & crafts kitchen cabinets but have only come up with a few not so impressive results.

Are any of you familiar with Kirby's work or others who have produced such elegant cabinets? Can anyone else suggest a specific book or books with similar cabinet styles? I would love to takle a job like this some day!

Thank you very much,

Scott

Reply to
Scott

Take a look at p. 117 of the book Makinson, et alia, "Greene & Greene - The Blacker House" ISBN 0-87905-949-4. the cabinet design is exquisite. Although the cabinets were originally painted, the paint was removed exposing the Port Orford cedar, a semi-opaque stain was used to hide the asorbed white undercoat. The Alaskan yellow cedar counter top is replacement to the original, the material of which I do not know.

sigh

John Poole

Scott wrote:

Reply to