Aquarium stand again

Page 2 of 2
You do not state the size of the tank. Aquarium tanks upto a certain size are designed to be supported at the ends.
I built a stand for a 90 US gal tank from a TV/VCR centre. This originally had 3/4in plywood sides and was 2in lacking in depth.
I glued 1x2 oak to the ends to get the depth I wanted, and then dadoed 1x6 oak "wing" extensions at right angles into the ends which are taller than the ends and go into grooves cut into two 1.5x6 in flat beams which span the entire length of the tank.
I admit to be nervous when I first filled the tank, but after almost 3 years, it shows no signs of bowing.
The 2x4 frame is overkill for normal use, at least up to 90 gal. Perhaps this works for "seismic zone 7" design.
Dave Paine.

Don't use 2*4s. I used them for my 75 gallon and they were major overkill. Also made it a pain to build. One design I liked (after I started building) used 1*3 to make 4 'T' shaped legs. The side of the legs were recessed just enough to make your side plywood flush with the legs. He used veneer to hide his screws, I would use pocket screws/glue to simply the process. I would also flip the legs 90 degrees on the back, so you could recess the back. I envision the front being a standard face frame with a 1*4 header on top of your 'T' legs.
Mine actually turned out OK for a first attempt, but it's heavy and took too long to build.