Anyone made a cremation urn?

I've got a friend whose pet died and she wants to keep it in a cremation urn. Has anyone made one of these? What do you line the urn with? Would acrylic or something similar work and does it have to have an air tight seal?

Thanks.

Reply to
Upscale

marc rosen

On Wed, 1 Oct 2008 02:49:06 +0100, Upscale wrote (in article ):

Ash is stuff left over when all reactions have finished, so it's pretty inert and needs no special treatment at all. other than for convenience and er, "security" - basically to stop you losing it up the hoover or having someone keep on using the container as an ashtray or something else unpredictable. Best solution for not losing it is seal it in resin and make jewellery or ornaments with it, but this may not be an appropriate aesthetic for everyone. I'd go for an urn with a tight or screw on lid - think about consequences of an accidental knock-over and proof the device against that.

Umm.. how about a flat box with a secondary bottom compartment for ashes and top bit for photos and memorabilia? Hard to knock over and functionality is a bit less funereal?

Reply to
Bored Borg

offers corporate packages that have access to 100,000+ newsgroups

Reply to
Tom Kendrick

No, but the answer to the question " What's a Grecian urn?"... the answer is between 8 and 10 dollars per hour, depending on the restaurant they work in.

Reply to
Robatoy

From the same brilliant work of Romeo Floggville which also posed the question: How do you make a Venetian blind?

Reply to
Robatoy

The pet's remains will most likely will already be in some type of sealed container and all that would be required would be to make an urn to hold the container provided by the crematory.

Reply to
Nova

We just had a dog pass away earlier this summer. The remains come in a plastic container which is sealed. I made a dog house to fit the plastic container. The container comes in a velvet like material bag and is perfect to make sure it does not rattle around.

Jon

Reply to
Jon

Assume 1" cube per pound of live body weight.

Now IM(L)E of turning, that's a pretty big urn you'll be needing. So when I've needed to do this, I've gone instead for a rectangular box made by cabinetry. Even then, the first couple I made surprised me by just how much space I wound up needing.

Reply to
Andy Dingley