Anyone heard of Charlie Self lately?

I was asked a question on FB by a Judith Austin, whom I didn't know (yet). Had I heard anything from or about Charlie Self, the woodworker, car enthousiast, photographer, and author who also used to frequent the rec? I hadn't heard from him since about March 6, when he mentioned something about his leg that needed fixing. His phone has been disconnected, and according to Judith, his email address doesn't answer, and Charlie's wife seems to have disappeared too.
If anyone knows anything about Charlie, please answer here (and if you can to opahan at yahoo point com). Morris Dovey hadn't heard anything and suggested I post here.
I know it is a bit preposterous for me to ask whether anyone has heard anything about Charlie Self , since I have been absent fairly long too. There is no real reason for that, other than that I am ashamed I haven't made progress with the coffee table I am working on.
Thanks in advance for your notes!
--
Best regards
Han

His web site is still up, but no way to contact him. As we get older, stuff happens and people disappear.
"Ed Pawlowski" wrote in message wrote:

I tried the phone number I have for him and it doesn't appear to be in service. I sent him e-mails at the two addresses I have for him... waiting to see what happens.
John

Pretty sure I got email from him about two months ago, IIRC. I was out of town at the time, so no telling which device/folder I saved it on/in. I'll do some digging.
--
www.ewoodshop.com (Mobile)

On 07/01/2013 01:15 PM, Han wrote:

Unfortunately, I found this:
http://www.tributes.com/show/Charles-R.-Self-95073613
Hope it's a different Charlie...
"Doug Winterburn" wrote in message

I think it is a different guy... the DOB and city do not match what I know of him....
John

I agree that is a different Charlie, he is from Bedford, VA (says Facebook still). I have a post on Facebook from Charlie on March 6, where he talks about " the therapist felt I had a slight infection on the knee replacement wound"
I didn't like it, but Charlie didn't post very often, so I lost track until Judith asked me about Charlie.
--
Best regards
Han
"Doug Winterburn" wrote:

"John Grossbohlin" wrote:

"Han" wrote:

SFWIW, Charlie was born in the NYC area and from my ragged memory, moved south after serving in the marines.
As posted else where, Charlie and I were of about the same age, so I'lll buy the birthdate posted.
Lew

Apparently Judith has been in contact, and Charlie is OK. More later, as I get the info.
--
Best regards
Han
"Han" wrote:

Any more info?
Lew
I heard from Charlie via e-mail the other day on my iPhone. I haven't had access to the Rec since so this is the first chance I've had to post.
He has been dealing with a number of issues and wasn't able to get to a computer for months... He is hopeful that he'll be all settled down by October. At that time he can tell all as much or little as he'd like about what he's been doing.
Contrary to earlier reports, and in line with my response to same, the news of his demise is premature.... he'll be back!
John
"Lew Hodgett" wrote in message
"Han" wrote:

Any more info?
Lew
On Sun, 28 Jul 2013 14:42:23 -0400, John Grossbohlin wrote:

Good to know. Thanks.
carrying a cross.
"John Grossbohlin" wrote:

That sure beats a poke in the eye with a sharp stick.
Thank you for the post.
Lew
"Doug Winterburn" wrote:

The age is about right.