Anybody got an opinion on this DVD Magazine?

I just received an advert to subscribe to this DVD magazine.
Anyone out there seen it or have heard of it?
http://www.woodworkingathome.com /
Thanx ARM
I prefer the more conventional printed on paper type on mags. Easier to read in the "library". But I suppose the DVD style will soon be the norm and I'll just have to get used to it.
DexAZ

There was a thread on this a couple of weeks ago. DAGS and I think you'll find lots of comments.
--
Larry C in Auburn, WA

"Alan McClure" < snipped-for-privacy@gwis.com> wrote in message
I get this magazine and it is pretty good.
Pro's- Very well thought out, informative, and filmed (not professional TV or movie quality but very good for what it is). Some big and little projects, turning, carving, tool review (although they are from the paid advertisers).
Con's- Fairly expensive and not discounted much (if at all) from the "Newstand Price" although about the same as Fine Wood Working, Audio sometimes has excessive reverb, some segments are long and I have fallen asleep watching, if you don't have a DVD drive in your computer, you are out of SOL printing the plans (I fortunately have one at work), and it only comes out every other month. Too long to wait for the next one.
Overall, I will keep subscribing to it and look forward to many more issues (just don't like waiting 2 months)

Crawled out of the shop and said. . .:

i subscribe, and i like it. altho, the "bonus" issue about shop tours and setting up shop was a coaster pretty fast. . .
Chris, the fellow who publishes and "stars" in the video has loosened up quite a bit over the last year, but that comes from getting comfortable in front of a camera.
the projects range from beginner to, well, i'd say what fellas, advanced intermediate?
i did notice another fellow comment about the "discount" over the "newsstand" price was not much,,,i don't know what Chris is charging for the next year, 48.65 is the "newsstand" price, and 30.31 is the subscription price. . .that's an issue and a half at the full cover price saved!
i for one love it, and find something new in each issue...
Traves
Go to there site and have them mail you out a sample copy. That's what I did after posting the previously mentioned thread about the magazine. All in all I think it is pretty informative. Only your not going to be able to take it to the crapper with you unless you got a laptop!! I posted a follow-up review after receiving my sample issue and was pleased with the mag and plan to subscribe to it when I get a chance to send in the paperwork. Happy New Year, Kevin