Anti-gloat and a big GRRRRRR!

Page 2 of 2

Thanks for trying, but this is a town of 400, more than a hundred miles from anything that can even remotely be called a "suburb".
Being a tree on a 120 year old homeplace, it probably had seen a nail, bullet, or BB on occasion.
The chemicals it might put out will be vented out the flue, and (given the prevailing winds), right towards my mother's house. Thanks again! :-/
Kevin
Go get the pieces and make turnings, or gift/trade your turner friends.
The pieces with the wildest figure can be saved, even in short lengths, for resawing into boxmaking veneer.
I watched a guy in Missouri feeding chunks of walnut of enviable size into his boiler, and I burn cherry when I have too much on the deck, so perhaps it's that location,location, location bit.