Another use for your cordless drill

http://youtu.be/0Z8dFlVNrY8

On 12/10/2014 1:02 PM, Doug Winterburn wrote:

Hey! I have an idea. Hook up a generator to the pedals so you can recharge the battery while you ride.
Oh wait ...
On 12/10/2014 12:51 PM, Greg Guarino wrote:

Exactly!
I have often commented that with the new technology, Apple lets you Send texts, dictate texts, and now send sound over text. Next thing you know you will be able to talk to a person real time into a device that does all of the above.
On 12/10/2014 3:25 PM, Leon wrote:

Here's a video that not only involves motorized transport using a drill, but could just as easily have been added to the Canadian reckless parking thread.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rBmnQN78aZU

This guy leads a charmed life.

:-). He really does build some great projects. He used to have a news letter.
On 12/11/2014 8:40 AM, Leon wrote:

It seems he has the time, space, resources and skills to tackle whatever tickles his fancy. He's got a video about building a wooden air-raid siren; an item he does not seem to have any use for other than as a puzzle to be solved. At one point he tests it outdoors on his property, which seems to be of generous proportions, and not hemmed in by neighbors.
From what I've seen, even the common things he builds are frequently built in unusual ways; he has a special fondness for box joints on structural members, for instance.
It looks like fun.
On 12/11/2014 1:04 PM, Greg Guarino wrote:

His dad,/family used to apparently make a living working with wood.

"Oh, yeah. Oooh, ahhh, that's how it always starts. Then later there's running and screaming." -Dr. Ian Malcom
On Thu, 11 Dec 2014 07:16:33 -0500

I like the original (to me at least) uses for the table saw. But he didn't say what the scaffold was for? I thought maybe he's drywalling the ceiling. Or mudding/taping/sanding/painting it.
A nice job but a few things stand out. The scaffold has very limited uses. I wouldn't want to be applying much force while working up top. If it starts to tip you'd be grabbing at air. I would create a shelf as close to the bottom as possible and store toolboxes and lots of heavy stuff.
The cord problem needs a little thought too.