Another question from the peanut gallery

Page 2 of 2
I know, it was an attack on you either, just a general comment. I look forward to the criticism trust me. I am just learning the wood wrecking. Sometimes it's just hard to differentiate (sp) how things are meant to sound via wrriten word. Took me awhile to figure out that all caps is classified as yelling.Thanks for letting me know about the stuff that could be on pallets, that really never crossed my mind! I just though wood was wood, boy I guess that comment could start a thread and a life of it's own. With my steel mill pallets I do find alot of bearing grease and the John Deere stuff has inks stamps on it. I do leanr alot from you guys.
Thanks again
Rich
You could design some furniture with the John Deere green on it and start a new craze. It might make your fortune. :-) After all, antique pine (used to be trash wood) sells for $5/board foot. I wonder what the beams they are salvaging from the old warehouses in Galveston have on them?

Silvan wrote:

Come on Silvan, we musent have style or personality. We must be bland so as not to offend the most sensitive among us.
Bullshit.

Having worked in shipping and receiving I can say A to Z is not an understatement. Common carriers and cartage companies carry everything. I've seen 'substances' on the floor of about every trailer I've been in. Packages rupture regularly. I've also had materials pass through the department that I knew were mis-marked (such is the nature of government contractors). Then there is the dust from tow motor tires that have driven through the plant picking up God knows what.
I once received a shipment of slightly leaking sacks on a pallet marked with Scull and Cross Bones and also marked 'food grade'.
Mayhaps you don't even want to be near the sawdust from some pallets.
--
Mark

N.E. Ohio

As a bland and sensitive person I take offense at your statements and ask you to please be even more bland and sensitive.
--
Is it time to change my sig line yet?

Mark wrote:

I don't like working in the back of these trucks either. We haul furniture, but our trailers are all recycled. There's no telling what's in that omnipresent dust. Every time I let a box drop too quickly, I get engulfed in a cloud.
You're almost always going to get attacked by someone on a newsgroup - any newsgroup. Among other things, they're called flamers. And them and the single-digit I.Q. profanity posters are part of price you pay for the knowledge you can get on this groups.
Ignore both and you'll be OK.