Another high five for Lee Valley

Who else can perfectly ship a granite surface plate and a dial indicator in the same box?

Anyone who wants to. "Can" is trivial. The kudos to LV go for caring enough to do it right, and being so consistent in doing so that their customers have come to expect it.
In fact, it's a rather sad comment on other vendors that this is noteworthy!

My sentiments exactly.

Now in this instance you have witnessed Great Customer Service.
On Thu, 13 Apr 2006 20:30:59 GMT, "Leon"

A few years ago, somebody on this group told a story of Harbor Freight shipping an _anvil_ in the same box as delicate stuff, with no packing material.
That's why I had to post my experience.
On Fri, 14 Apr 2006 10:41:15 GMT, Ba r r y

That was me. Northern Tools UK (my one and only order) with a bunch of welding goggles too. You can imagine what happened to the goggles.
Not only that, but their customer service were stroppy too.

With Lee Valley, we take things like that for granite. It's nothing to marble about.
On Fri, 14 Apr 2006 22:39:59 -0000, snipped-for-privacy@host122.r-bonomi.com (Robert Bonomi) wrote:

And that's iron clad!

Lee Valley does use a ton of paper when packing but I've had two parcels that were poorly packed. In one a small drill press vice was allowed to slide around and smack stuff up. In another the box was to tall for the contents and the box crushed and was broken open. As a result I was missing a bunch of sanding disks. The sanding disks were tied in bundles with elastics which also broke so there were sanding disks everywhere in the box. The elastic was a very bad ideal. A small bag would be better.
The other 14 or so boxes were pretty good as I recall.
Robert Bonomi wrote:

Hard to believe that a company like LV wouldn't measure up. It's clearly an indication of their commitment to their customers.
snipped-for-privacy@host122.r-bonomi.com (Robert Bonomi) wrote:

On the surface of it, it appears they stepped up to the plate.

They flatly insisted on using the smoothest method.
snipped-for-privacy@host122.r-bonomi.com (Robert Bonomi) writes:

OH, I don't know. Sounds like a lot of schist to me....
[really: I'm a satisfied LV customer, though...]