An Atta Boy For Makita

On Wednesday I had a problem with my Makita belt Sander. While taking the front roller apart the retaining clip that holds the shaft in place flew thru the air never to be seen again. I decided to call Makita customer service to find out what size the clip is, was. Thinking I was in for a long session I made myself a cup of tea and set myself up with something to read. You know the normal customer service routine.
Well what a surprise, after one choice for English or Spanish and a second for sales ot technical assistance I was talking to a live person after only 2 rings. A plus for Makita!!
I explained I just wanted the size of the clip as I thought I could get it locally and avoid any shipping charges for a small item. I was told the clip was 12mm and they had them in stock for 40 cents. I said that I did not want to purchase and incur any shipping charges. I was told the would send me the clip without charge for the clip or charge for shipping. I could hardly believe it. Another plus for Makita.
Today is Friday and when I came home this afternoon the package laying on my front step contained the clip. Another plus for Makita.
I do not think there are many companies offering that kind of service today and I felt they deserved some public praise.

Now the old lost clip will magically reappear. Never fails....
Aloha... Craig
You got that right!!! It showed up this afternoon 20 feet away from where I last heard it hit something.
Gun springs/parts have the same habits...