Almost ready for amazon.

what a hassle getting ready. CharlieDIY has done all of the text. I need a little help on my logo. I don't know how to make a logo that does not fit into the size they want. I mean I can shrink or expand it but when it is the wrong shape I don't know how to make borders. they want a logo 120 X 30 PIXELS IN SIZE and I don't know how to fill in the rest. here are a couple logo's.
http://www.knight-toolworks.com/web_temp_pics/logo.eps
http://www.knight-toolworks.com/web_temp_pics/logo.jpg
--
Knight-Toolworks & Custom Planes
Steve;
| what a hassle getting ready. CharlieDIY has done all of the text. I need a | little help on my logo. I don't know how to make a logo that does not fit into | the size they want. I mean I can shrink or expand it but when it is the wrong | shape I don't know how to make borders. they want a logo 120 X 30 PIXELS IN SIZE | and I don't know how to fill in the rest. here are a couple logo's. | | http://www.knight-toolworks.com/web_temp_pics/logo.eps |
http://www.knight-toolworks.com/web_temp_pics/logo.jpg
| | | -- | Knight-Toolworks & Custom Planes | Custom made wooden planes at reasonable prices | See http://www.knight-toolworks.com For prices and ordering instructions.
On Tue, 20 Jan 2004 23:30:03 GMT, "Brian in Vancouver, BC"

It is a wacky size. may have to work on a logo that looks good in that space.
--
Knight-Toolworks & Custom Planes
On Tue, 20 Jan 2004 18:03:45 GMT, Steve Knight

Excellent! I'd been trying to get you to hand that portion of the site over for what, 5 years now? <vbg>

Your existing logo is in a roughly 1.5:1 ratio and you want it to be 4:1? In that case, we'll have to make the text flat and put the graphic to the left of the words.
@@ Knight @@ Toolworks
Sent via email.
--== May The Angst Be With You! ==-- -Yoda, on a bad day -- http://diversify.com Ending Your Web Page Angst.
On Wed, 21 Jan 2004 04:59:35 GMT, Larry Jaques

did it already.
Larry Jaques writes:

Uh, not the actual site. I did the stuff for Steve's Amazon listing.
Charlie Self "Character is much easier kept than recovered." Thomas Paine

but it may make it into the site too.
--
Knight-Toolworks & Custom Planes
ok I am working on getting a tool up on amazon. they use excel for all of the info. they want the pictures 72 pixels per inch. but if I use say acdsee to change a picture I cant' really choose the ppi. how do I edit the pics to get the right resolution? they don't give a max size so I can use a decent size picture.

I use ACDSee and I also don't know any way of controlling the PPI. I also use Photoshop, which will certainly do it, but that would be overkill. I have Jasc Paint Shop Pro, which can do it and can be had for cheap.
todd

This isn't something you really need to worry about. Most monitors are in the 72-100 ppi range anyway, so how it looks on your screen is pretty much what everyone else will see anyway.
But you can do the math in your head pretty easily. A 150 pixel image would be about 2 inches. Normal reading text is 15 pixels per line or so, or about 5 lines per inch, so you can figure your image sizes accordingly.
Note that the PNG image type does allow for specifying the pixels per inch within the image data, but not all web browsers support PNG yet (most do).
Steve,
If you have any of the Microsoft Office products, they come with Microsoft Photo Editor and it's really handy for resizing, cropping and if you choose "File->Properties" it brings up a dialog box that you can change the PPI -- I tried it and it works (from 300 to 72 in my example).
Mike

Steve Knight wrote:

PPI is an *output* or *display* parameter. Perhaps what they mean is that the image will be displayed at 72 PPI - which is what most monitors are geared for. They should be able to give you the pixel dimensions in HxW that will lead to a properly sized image in their displayed page.
Bottom line - this shouldn't be your concern and makes no sense for most raster graphic files anyway as you can't specify it in the internal formats of most of the standard raster image formats.
Michael

Pixels/inch is meaningless for on-screen display and often misunderstood (apparently even by the developers at Amazon.com). All that matters for on screen display is final dimensions, such as 120x30 pixels.
PPI (also call dots per inch (DPI)) is ONLY meaningful when printing an image. It tells the printer what the final size of the image being printed should be. So if you saved your 120x30 JPG as 120DPI (or PPI), the image would print 1" by 1/4" in size.
If you told it it was 60 DPI, it would print at 2"x1/2" in size, with reduces quality, however, since your image still only contains 120x30.

figures (G)I just made the pic the regular size sent it to them and they said it was fine.
--
Knight-Toolworks & Custom Planes
Steve Knight wrote:

Empirical data are always better than theoretical data. ARM
On 21 Jan 2004 08:06:03 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@aol.comnotforme (Charlie Self) brought forth from the murky depths:

Aw, shucks. ;)
--== May The Angst Be With You! ==-- -Yoda, on a bad day -- http://diversify.com Ending Your Web Page Angst.

Steve, I resized it for you to 120x30, with whitespace on the left and right of the image. I don't think you're going to like it, however, as the logo is very small now. The designer of the logo should have had the 120x30 in mind when designed so the space could be used effectively. If you'd like, I can redesign it to help you out.
Here tis'
http://www.areddy.net/misc/logo1.gif

Here, you may like this better.
http://www.areddy.net/misc/logo2.gif
very nice layout.... this one gets my vote if it will work for Amazon