Alligator Saw or Sabre Saws

Does anyone have any experience of Dewalt DW390 275mm Alligator Saw or BOSCH PROFESSIONAL 1600W TANDEM SAW GFZ 16-35AC. I have an electric chain saw which does most of what I need to do for preparing wood for turning but I thought that theses other saws might be safer and easier to use for knocking corners off of bowl blanks etc. I do not have a very big band saw or much room in the workshop (shed really workshop is a bit grand) so I thought one of these saws might come in handy,however I dont want to buy one and then find they dont work very well. Happy new year. Chas
Bowlauncher wrote:

The Milwaukee SawzAll is the gold standard of the tool world for that type of saw. Get the top of the line model because for what you use it for, that model has a unique anti-kickback feature that you really need. As time goes on, you will find the saw to be essential for all kinds of household tasks, even light tree trimming, for example. Our local public works people use one in excavations for hacking off tree roots as a much safer alternative to an axe. HTH
Joe
On Mon, 01 Jan 2007 10:26:21 -0800, Joe wrote:

What he's looking at is a different type of machine from a Sawzall. Both the machines he's looking at have dual blades that move in opposite directions. They seem to be a UK thing--I have no idea for what purpose they were created or how well they work.
--
--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate
Joe wrote:

Thanks Joe These saws are a bit different than the Sawzall they have a guide bar like a chain saw and two reciprocating blades which move in opposite directions making for a steadier cutting action.The bar and blades are about 14inches long so they can cut fairly thick wood.They are also used for cutting building blocks with different blades fitted.I have never used one and just wondered if they were any good.
Chas.