DeWalt DW321 Sabre Saw Part Needed

I spent $169 on this barrel type saw and it worked fine 'till the cast foot broke.

Yesterday, I went searching the DeWalt site for replacement prarts to find they said it was NOT AVAILABLE and there were NO SUBSTITUTES!

Ayone have a source?

Reply to
Gooey TARBALLS

Charles,

That may not necessarily be so. I had the same problem with a part for a Dewalt sander. They called it obsolete. Then I did some checking and found that they assign new model numbers to things that are essentially the same, with some minor changes. I found a model number of a sander that was almost identical to mine and looked up the part number for the piece I needed. When it came it was the identical part I needed. Give it a try, you may be surprised.

Cliff

Reply to
AlohaCliff

I hope Cliff is right. I never guessed that parts for this saw would would be unavailable. Let me know what you find.

Reply to
eganders

New Wave Dave

Tried dewaltservicenet.com:

Subject ServiceNet Question Saber Saw DW321

Discussion Thread Response (Bob Capitani) 04/05/2006 04:08 PM Thanks for the update.

Unfortunately, the shoe for the DW321 Type 1 is no longer available. I did a search of our service centers nationwide and did not locate a single part.

DEWALT maintains replacement parts for 5 years after a product has been discontinued. After that time period, once the stock has been depleted, if there is not sufficient enough demand, the inventory is not restocked.

Thank you for allowing us the opportunity to serve you. If your question remains unresolved or if you require additional information please update this incident.

Sincerely,

Bob Capitani

Reply to
Gooey TARBALLS

Whoa! I still think of my DW621 as new. It was the first tool I bought after I got into woodworking again Has it been discontinued for

5 years? There is hardly a mark on it and, if it is like my other good tools, will still be working 30 years from now.

Hell, I can still get the carriage bearing for my Craftsman radial arm saw.

Reply to
eganders